Monday, April 22, 2024

Trials and Errors

Here we go, time for the Trial of the Century, at least until the next case in which TFG sits at the defendant’s table. TFG and the Republicans must have decided that given the preponderance of evidence that’s already public, their most effective strategy will have to be jury tampering.

He’s already holding court outside every day to smear the judge, jurors, their families, their pets, and anyone who owes them money, all the while claiming the trial is rigged, he’s being unfairly prosecuted, the judge is biased, and any other piece of poo he can throw at the wall. He knows this won’t help, but the goal is to get traction for his excuses ahead of time.

It’s the same thing he did in each presidential election. If he wins, the people have spoken. If he loses, it’s rigged. Heads I win, tails you lose. It’s the Republican way.

His minions in the media are going all in as well. Jesse Watters is trying to ID the jurors on Fox “News,” so they can get started with the smears and threats. And you may have seen this as well:

This schmo is openly asking for jurors to break the law and hold onto the foregone conclusion that Trump’s innocent no matter what the evidence shows, and create a hung jury.

This is what worries me the most because, despite prosecutors’ best efforts, they only get so many juror DQs. A quiet MAGA without anything incendiary on his social media could easily get on the jury. It only takes one to kibosh the whole thing. 12-0 is a tough ask under the best of circumstances and much tougher with emotions running so high. I just have to hope that any Trumpist who would tank such a case probably didn’t have the temperament to keep his feelings muted on Facebook or Twitter. It’s like all the insurrection idiots who posted their 1/6 whereabouts online. They’re too proud of it to STFU.

I hope the prosecution is ready for such an outcome and is prepared to refile the case immediately.


***

Last week I commented on another blog about how EmptyG isn’t even hiding her ties to Russia now and at this point, she couldn’t signal her allegiance to Putin any more clearly if she rode into Congress shirtless on a horse. Now I’m seeing several outlets nicknaming Moscow Marj. Let’s just remember that this isn’t exactly original. Moscow Mitch had the title first. Are we just going to keep handing it down to M-named Republicans as others wash out? Looks like Moscow Matt Gaetz would be next.

Granted, “Minsk Marj” just doesn’t have the same ring to it. Maybe Leningrad Lindsey. Tsar Ted? We definitely need to branch out.

***

I have an update to my post last week about my eyeball surgery in which I had “floaters” removed from my right eye, and was dealing with an air bubble left inside, meant to protect the retina and dissipate over time. When I wrote the post, the bubble occupied the lower third of my vision in that eye. I could see perfectly above the line but had red-tinted “Walleye Vision” below. And of course, the eye looked like something out of a horror movie (and I will spare you the pictures.)

The bubble continued to dissipate throughout last week so that by Friday, it was about the size of a quarter, by Saturday, the size of a dime, and by Sunday, it was down to the size of the head of a thumbtack before it disappeared completely that evening. And there was much rejoicing throughout the land!

The eye redness has also cleared up, leaving only a small dark pinkish patch. I think it should be gone by the end of this week.

So, all in all, a good experience. While there are still some free-floating fragments, my vision is vastly better than it was. I’m anxious to get on with having the other eye done but I can’t even make the appointment for another 3 weeks.

No comments: