Monday, June 24, 2024

Mid-Year Meme Dump!

I’m preparing this ahead of time because, by the time you see this, I’ll be sitting on a beach earning 20% on vacation. So what better opportunity than this for a MEME DUMP!

Now I can finally do something with a bunch of pictures, cartoons, and memes that have been collecting digital dust in the Bluz Vault while I figure out how and when to use them. Let’s start with:

Current Events

From the Baltimore Sun, quite some time ago:

Still true.


Republican use of Voter ID is 100% attempted voter suppression. No matter how they dress it up, likely Democratic voters get the shaft.


Another persistent lie. The 1% have been dying for access to Social Security money for generations but will do backflips to avoid paying into it any more than the pittance that they do.

And because it’s Stanley Cup Finals season…

The Cup can be won or lost tonight (as of this typing.)


Hannibal Shyster


Put the secret documents in the fuckin’ basket!

Religion

It’s a wonder anyone takes this thing seriously.


It’s like going along with adults who have “deeply held beliefs” in the Easter Bunny. (I was going to say Santa Claus, but we know that at the root of it, there was a St Nicholas who actually existed.)


It’s unanimous.

Goofy Shit

From 1984 to about 2005, (before I knew anything about the effects of sodium on the aging body) I had a package of Ramen noodle soup every morning for breakfast. This could have happened to me.

This one just made me laugh.


From Bluz Sister. In my case, that fridge would be in a beachside cabana somewhere.


Courtesy of Bluz Uncle Joe. My only nit to pick is that on the Classic Rock example, the drum solo only comes with the live show.

I’ll be seeing quite a lot of these over the next week, I expect.

See you all on the flip side!


2 comments:

Faith said...

Some good ones!

Infidel753 said...

The universal voter ID and permanent registration at 18 is an excellent idea. There would have to be some way of verifying US citizenship for each person, but it should be possible to come up with an effective system for doing that. Republicans, of course, would never accept any such system as being good enough.

All those things about the King James Bible are damning enough; I'd also note that King James is well known to have been homosexual. The version of the Bible that modern fundamentalists are so committed to as the literal word of God was commissioned and approved by a gay man.