Monday, February 16, 2009

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!

I ordered a Nintendo Wii system from Amazon a while back and it was delivered today. This is a big step for me… I haven’t had a video game unit since Pong!

I know I might be accused of searching for the downside, but why oh why did it have to be delivered on such a good TV night? My night is already double booked… I have 3 shows to watch between 8 and 11, and 2 others to tape during the same time. It’s like your birthday falling on Halloween night…


I first played with a Wii over Christmas at my sister and brother-in-law's house. My mom and dad were there as well. It was a great activity that we could all play together, especially the bowling. An added plus was that it was an excellent opportunity to hear all of my dad's 1960s-era bowling league lingo. I also learned that he is some kind of bowling-math savant. No matter the situation, he was able to instantly compute what we needed to do to end up with what score. I knew I could have figured it out as well, but not nearly as quickly, and to be perfectly frank, who wants to play Wii Math anyway?


One thing I learned about the Wii is that you better find a way to get your left hand involved. After a couple of nights of bowling, my right shoulder, right triceps, and left butt cheek were all sore. If I kept it up like that, I would find myself with a right arm like Schwarzenegger and a left like a withered little T-Rex arm. And whenever I'd sit, I'd tilt to the right.


I’m sure I’ll have lots to say about my new Wii in the weeks to come. I better make sure my heating pad is in working order… (or should it be a “hiiting” pad

No comments: