I want to bang out something quick tonight because the Penguins/Capitals game comes on at 7:00 and it’s already 6:45. This is when the DVR pays off. Anyway, I’m going into the archives and pulling out one of those email questionnaires that went around on email about 5 years ago and unearthing some nuggets from there. I made a few updates to reflect the passage of 5-years time.
Sorry, not every post can be a sepia-toned memory about getting humiliated in church while wearing expensive boots.
Note: you GOTTA check out the prior post and look at the comment from Bryan (of A Beer for the Shower). He has the all-time best church horror-show story, ever.
The Meme (which has been edited for brevity and levity):
- What time did you get up this morning? Six AM. OK, that was when I woke up. When I got up was 6:50.
- Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds. I don’t have anything that goes with pearls.
- What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 2. Bloody brilliant.
- What’s your favorite TV show? Modern Family and 30 Rock.
- What did you have for breakfast? Diet Coke and a breakfast bar.
- What is your middle name? I don’t have one, but I always say that modesty is my middle name, and don’t think that didn’t get me teased on the playground.
- What’s your favorite meal? Mom’s pasta or my pork chops.
- What foods do you dislike? Broccoli or any other multi-syllabic, double-lettered, vowel-ending vegetable.
- What is your favorite CD? Meatloaf, “Bat Out of Hell.” (Still.)
- What kind of car do you drive? 2002 Chrysler Concorde… my first Big Boy car.
- What’s your favorite word or phase? “Don’t mess with the Big Dog… The Big Dog is always right.” (Thank you to Tommy Lee Jones.) Runner up: “Because Daddy knows things…” (Something I tell Pinky after something I’ve said turns out to be balls-on accurate.)
- What characteristics do you despise? Inconsideration, egotism, aggressive ignorance, lack of awareness of anyone but ‘self.’ (In other words, most Maryland drivers.)
- If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Australia, just to hear them speak.
- What color is your bathroom? Mold.
- Favorite brand of clothing? Don’t care… anything with a Steelers or Penguins logo on it.
- To where would you like to retire? A cruise ship. I hear it’s cheaper than assisted living. Short of that, Pittsburgh. I’d save big on my cable bill. All the sports packages I pay extra for are considered “local TV” there.
- What type of detergent do you use? I wash in Tide (because it’s too damn cold out’tide.)
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? I’m a lunch person.
- What size shoe do you wear? Size 12, which is really handy when I’m measuring rooms and stuff.
- Do you have pets? No, I live vicariously through the pets of others.
- What did you want to be when you were younger? Bigger and cooler, and see? I’m half way there.
- Best childhood memory? Playing outside in the neighborhood or at the local pool every day during the summer.
- Piercing? Just my gaze.
- Ever been Toilet Papered? Sure, but I usually do it myself.
- Ever love someone so much it made you cry? Yes, but then she rolled off my schlong and I felt much better.
- Croutons or bacon bits? Everything’s better with bacon.
- Favorite day of the week? Saturday.
- Favorite restaurant? Mom’s dining room table.
- Favorite ice cream? Butter Pecan. Got that from my dad.
- Favorite flower? Torrenia. I have a knack for growing them.
Also know as Clown Violets.
- Disney or Warner Bros.? Warner Brothers! Bugs rocks!
- Favorite fast food restaurant? Wendy’s.
- How many times did you fail your driver’s test? Never; I didn’t dare. Besides, they have GOOD driver’s ed in Ohio.
- At which store would you max out your credit card? I would NEVER max out my credit card. (Or else I wouldn’t be able to afford my cruise ship retirement.) But if I had to, probably Best Buy.
- What are you listening to right now. The Sound of Silence. Not the Simon and Garfunkel song, just silence. (Obviously, Pinky isn’t here right now.)
- Which came first, the chicken or the egg? The Egg, because the Chicken needed too much foreplay.