Sunday, December 12, 2010

Don Me Now My Game Apparel

Fa la la, brothers and sisters.

This will be a short one.  For a full-service weekend post, please see the one immediately preceding this one.

The Mojo Boogie
Today’s Steelers game is at home, versus the Bengals.  In going through my Mojo Tracking Spreadsheet, (yes, really), I noticed that we’ve only won one game where the Steelers played at home and I watched from home.  That was the first game of the year and I was wearing lightweight stuff, including shorts. 

I will not be wearing shorts or anything lightweight today, so I have to go from scratch.

The Steelers won their last two “away” games while I wore my white Troy Polamalu jersey, so I figure I’ll break out the black Troy jersey today.  I’ll wear the same black flannel Steelers sweatpants that I wore for the Ratbirds win last week.  Under the jersey, I’ll have my white “throwback” style long sleeved tee, with a gold Steelers tee under that.

Yes, we keep it on the crisp side, here at the bluz-cave.

That’s my game-time decision and we’ll see how it goes.

Now, just to make it worth your while in stopping by, let me show you this video that my dad brought to my attention.

It really pays off to pay attention to direction, especially when you are live on TV.

Makes me want to move to San Diego immediately.

12 comments:

Oilfield Trash said...

I don't have NFL sunday ticket, so I can't see the game.

bluzdude said...

Trash,
That's what sports bars are for! Or internet radio. Although as of the end of the 1st quarter, you haven't missed anything. The Steelers look like crap.

Oilfield Trash said...

I am following the game on NFL.com. I can't head to a sports bar today as I have my kids. And I could take them to BWW, but I ain't got the money anyways.

bluzdude said...

Understandable. Thank you to the Internet!

Do you get the NFL Red Zone channel? That's a good option... shows all the games with whip-around coverage.

Oilfield Trash said...

No I dont get that channel. I wish I did though.

bluzdude said...

Pity. The Steelers D was a beast. Polamalu was incredible w/ 2 picks, one returned for a TD.

Refs tried their best to give the game to the Bungles but the Steelers overcame.

Oilfield Trash said...

I saw the highlights of Troy and Woodley's TDs. Their D was a beast for sure. And what was up with the 4-5 holding calls on that one long drive?

bluzdude said...

The holding calls were migraine-inducing. There was not one called against the Bengals.

Yet the Stillers convert a 1st and 30 and come up with a first down. That's what good teams do.

DG said...

The ONE GAME I can go to this year with Mr. DG, and it's 40 degree rain. We still had a blast, though. Could you hear the "Refs you suck" chant on TV? The D definately won this game.

Judie said...

Bluz, I LOVE the title of your post!! What a clever man you are!
The video reminds me of many of my artist friends. When it comes to following instructions, they only LOOK like they are listening!

Mrs. Bachelor Girl said...

Oh my God. That is worse than a Shake Weight.

bluzdude said...

DG,
My brother and nephew were at the game too. Yes, I definitely heard that cheer arise during the game. Believe me, it was warranted. I don’t know how they can to 2, (or is it 3?) straight games with no penalties called for holding the Steelers, the top defense in the league. I won’t even say the holding penalties called on the Steelers weren’t warranted… hell, I have no idea… CBS never showed any of the fouls on replay… (Hey, maybe they’re in on it) But you have to believe there was a similar to greater degree of holding going on by the other side. I could see at least 4 instances where Woodley or Harrison were getting held something fierce.

Not to be one of the conspiracy theorists, but there is something going on here and any cursory review of the game stats bears that out.

Judie,
I have to admit, I was pretty happy with myself for that title. I considered sitting on it until it was closer to Christmas, but I probably would have forgotten all about it.

Too bad it was such a lame-o post…

Mrs. Bachelor Girl,
That’s right… nobody looks good using the Shake Weight.