Tuesday, December 25, 2012

My Humble Holiday Wishes

The shopping’s done, the food is in the fridge, the wine is chilling and even the presents are opened now.

I guess there’s nothing left to do but scratch out this simple holiday wish for you, my friend, who is checking in with me today and a lot of other days.

I never liked that “Have yourself a merry little Christmas song.”  It sounds condescending to me. 

So I say, “Have yourself a big, noisy, wild and wonderful Christmas!”  Throw wrapping paper all over the place!  Play with the kids!  Try wearing the Christmas stockings… on your head, if necessary.  Eat too much, drink too much, and stay too freakin’ long!  For all the build-up, the day passes entirely too quickly, so make it memorable.  .

And before you go, may I once again present my all-time favorite Christmas carol, courtesy of South Park.
           

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas, Bluz! Back to work on the 26th, for me. Bah humbug!

Reeeik said...

Don't watch SouthPark but that was Funny shit !!!!

bluzdude said...

I'm off till 1/2, so I'm looking forward to six more days of nothin!

bluzdude said...

South Park is generally funny as shit. You should try it.

Valerie said...

Happy Christmas my friend!!!

Hugs!

Valerie

Deb K said...

Merry Christmas belatedly and hope you enjoy your time off and do very little but relax!

bluzdude said...

Same to you, ya nut. Thank you for brightening up the year with your particular brand of lunacy.

bluzdude said...

All over it Deb. Today's agenda: Out to lunch w/ Pinky, then see The Hobbit.

Facie said...

Enjoy your time off! And I am all over the eating too much, don't worry. :-)

bluzdude said...

OMG, I'm going to have to go on a major salad binge when I go back to work next week. So in preparation, this week I have to Eat All the Treats!

Jessica R. said...

A very Merry Christmas to you too! And I hope you took a picture of yourself with a stocking on your head.

bluzdude said...

My stocking is just a little too snug to fit over this giant melon.