Sunday, July 28, 2013

Some Days Ya Got Nuthin'

That’s me today.  I got nothin’ that grabs me to write about, even though I tried.

In fact, if you want my advice, go read my previous post.  I really like that one.  It’s funny and not very long.

Remember how last weekend I cracked my “vault,” to try to milk a post out of the contents?  I figured I’d try again, only this time, I’d use the box of my old college materials that I have stored.  It contains my notebooks and folders from my college years, and a handful of books from my last semester.

I spent about two hours looking through all that old crap, and I’ll be damned if I could find something I wanted to write about.  I mean; there were a few interesting tidbits I may mine later, but it took so long, I didn’t want to spend the rest of the day doing the post.  I accept the points off for poor planning.

Plus, the work I was looking for wasn’t nearly as good as I thought it would be.  Some things don’t age well, and apparently I’m one of them.

However one person who IS aging well is my Lil Mother, who turns 74 today. 



Happy birthday, Mom.  And thank you for teaching that when I don’t have anything interesting to say, to kindly shut the hell up!

What?  That wasn’t you?  You must have been “in on it” at any rate…

8 comments:

Reeeik/C.F.O said...

HAPPY Birthday Mrs. N (Red Pen MaMa )many many MORE!!!!!! Please grade on a curve.....

Cassie said...

Your mom is so cute.

Kernut the Blond said...

Happy Birthday, Bluzdude's Mom! I want to know your beauty secrets!

bluzdude said...

Ain’t it the truth?

bluzdude said...

I would hazard a guess that it’s the preservative powers of Jack Daniels.

Mary Ann said...

and living in Green Bay for 15 years. Cold is a great preservative along with J.D. and brandy.

bluzdude said...

I'm afraid of what's going to happen once you finally thaw out down there in Florida... One day, we're going to find a little puddle on the kitchen floor, with a hat on top of it. But not to worry, Dad will probably sop it up into a glass and add some ice...

Mary Ann said...

Yep...lil Mother SMOOTHIE