Sunday, July 6, 2014

Busy Busy

I was really looking forward to this long weekend, not only for the R&R, but to get some stuff done around the place.  Naturally, I started feeling sick around Wednesday afternoon.  It started the usual way, with a sore throat.

Luckily, we were able to leave work early on Thursday, in anticipation of the holiday weekend.  I used the time to come home and take a nap.

Even though I felt like crap on Friday, I still had some pressing things to accomplish.  Normally, I don’t consider my chores to be “post-worthy,” but I had a thought while I was in the middle of them.

First I was thinking, “Geez, I really had a lot to do for one day.”  But immediately after, I had to laugh.  What I consider a “busy day” is laughable compared to so many others whose blogs I read.  A “busy day” in MY life (single and childless) must look like a walk in the park, comparatively.

Here’s what made up my “busy day:”

* Did a load of laundry.  I almost didn’t count this, because that’s my usual, bi-weekly routine.

* Changed the comforter on my bed to a much lighter bedspread It’s getting warmer, and even though I like the weight of the down comforter on me, I don’t like waking up all sweaty.

* Tightened the screws on the door handle to my shower door.  Power screwdriver, five seconds on each screw.  I feel like I get bonus points for using a power tool.

* Changed a light bulb in my dining room chandelier.  One of those “teardrop-shaped” bulbs.  It’s funny how one missing bulb out of five can hinder my reading the paper in the morning.

* Hung the new photo-on-canvas I ordered I even had to attach the hanging bracket to the wood frame.  Again with the power screwdriver.  I probably could have used a hammer and nail on the wall, but I try to be mindful of the neighbors on the adjoining wall.

* Scrubbed the toilets.  I feel I just have to do that every 6 months, whether they need it or not.

* Took a 2-hour nap.  I was exhausted.  (Remember, I had a cold.)

* Took the large glass pan out of the dishwasher and washed it by hand.  I realized that it would probably be months, if not longer, before I used the dishwasher again.  When you only use one plate or bowl at a time, you might as well just wash it by hand and use it again.

* Went grocery shopping.  This is actually something I enjoy doing.  I love when I have a full pantry; that means I have the widest possible range of options for meals.

* Scanned a piece of mail that came for the last girlfriend, and emailed it to her. 

And that, my friend, is a busy day for bluzdude.  Normally, I would have had a couple of beers, but the cold medicine was doing just fine.  In fact, it was the cold medicine that told me this was a good idea for a post.

Good thing I had another couple of days to recover.


Mary Ann said...

YOI and double YOI! I'm tired just reading this. You should have, at least, put off changing the light bulb.
Love the torrenia canvas.

bluzdude said...

It came out really well. The photo doesn't do it justice.

Cassie said...

Woah, man. What are you trying to do? Be like me?

Good job, man! Sorry about the stupid sore throat. It can go to hell.

(Gargle with warm salt water.)

bluzdude said...

I'm all better now... except I twisted my back. Always something...

Mary Ann said...

Told you not to change that light bulb! ...and I have this Raa-aash....

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm not even going to comment on your "busy" day. You already know. That damn cold medicine really should have kept its bright ideas to itself. Next time you feel like having a REAL busy day, come on over to my joint. You'll be exhausted by 9:00 am!

bluzdude said...

Yeah, my tongue was so far in cheek on that on, it's practically coming out my ear.